- graduated out of PICU
- got the IV line taken out of her right hand
- got her monitor leads taken off her chest
- pooped (which is a big deal post surgery, especially if intestinal repair was done, and it was)
- got some Pedialyte
- rejected the Pedialyte
- got some formula
- did okay with the formula
- got a roommmate
- got a fever
- got held, but it was too uncomfortable for her
- cried when I put her back in her crib because she really wanted me to hold her
All in all, it was a day full of progress, but I hate that she is so uncomfortable when I hold her, and I hat that we are sharing a hospital room. I don't think sharing a room is good for healing, and I don't think any kid should have to. I'm also quite uncomfortable with this as an introvert, but I'm not the one who had major surgery, so I'd really like to register my complaints on Elvie's behalf. Having a roommate stinks, even if they are nice.
So bah humbug to the hospital life, and also goodnight. I'll update you tomorrow night, but for now I need to go brush my teeth in a shared bathroom and tuck myself into my chair bed. Here's hoping tomorrow brings even more progress and also a private room. Wouldn't that be nice?
PS--Just as I was about to hit publish, the roommate's father started snoring. OH NOOOOOOOOO.